Thursday, October 3, 2013

I'm Ready

*Fast forward* So I've had surgery and now waiting to start chemotherapy. I'm about 90% recovered from surgery so Dr. Lee suggested  I try and continue to have a normal life and resume my usual activities. I planned to start a new work contract in Winston Salem so that I would not be too far from home. I called the nurse manager to inform her of everything that was going on with me. I wanted her to know that I would be starting chemotherapy soon and may need to go over a schedule with her. She was very concerned about me not being able to work because of chemo and asked if she could get back to me. I already knew what that meant. I couldn't blame her though...she didn't know me personally so her decision to cancel my contract only made sense. 

Having plenty of extra free time on my hands, I found myself alone with my thoughts quite frequently. Throughout the last couple of months I have gone through every single emotion possible. I can't remember exactly when it happened but I eventually made a decision to turn my situation into something positive. At the end of the day, being sad and depressed is not going to make the process any more enjoyable for anyone.Going public and sharing my story with complete strangers was probably the best decision I made. It has made me more open to talk about it and each time it gets easier. With everyone's support I feel I am as ready as anyone can be...ready to tackle the next step, CHEMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment