Monday, October 21, 2013

Natural Hair Love

I've been having a great hair week *does happy dance* For those who don't know I've been growing my naturally for about 5 years. It has been a lonnnng process but I have finally figured out a regimen that works for me. When I straightened my hair for chemo, I also got a much needed trim and baby when I tell you the trim gave my hair life!!! Lol, I was so excited to see how healthy my hair had become. I was also sad because I knew it was only temporary. Despite the inevitable I chose to enjoy my head full of healthy curls for the week. Fast forward to Saturday night and it was almost time to wash my hair. I decided to twist it instead and just wash it the following day. I've twisted my hair before, pretty simple process. Except, as I began separating and detangling my hair, I noticed some shedding...way more than usual. I started to freak. I'm not ready to lose my hair, not that I ever will be...but I 've come so far!! I continued to twist my hair very gently, tied it up and went to sleep. The next morning my twistout didn't look too nice, so I improvised. I played around with my hair until I figured out a style suitable enough for church....can't go to church looking crazy lol. Anyway, I was able to get my hair up into a bun. A BUN!! I was able to put MY hair into a BUN!! I think it's been years since I've been able to wear my own hair in a bun while it's in its natural state. *happy dance* This may seem trivial and underwhelming to some. But if you know me you know how I am about my hair. Which only means when it starts coming out like forreal forreal, I already know it's gonna be traumatizing. 



3rd Day wash n go

My bun ;-)

Shedding

No comments:

Post a Comment