Sunday, November 3, 2013

One More Week of Freedom

My chemo got pushed back another week, yay!! I was suppose to start Monday but my neutrophil count had only increased to 600 over the weekend : /  So, instead of starting my second cycle of chemotherapy, I was sent home to enjoy the rest of my week. I don't know if it's wrong to be excited, but I don't care at this moment. I get another week to relax and "be normal." So that's exactly what I did after I got my results. I spent the last week being as normal as I could be. I was able to start running again...and I ran every single day lol. This weekend was my college homecoming aka Greatest Homecoming on Earth (GHOE), which means a lot of my friends came into town. My line sister, Kristie, took me to get a mani/pedi (my guilty pleasure). My sister and my friend Audrey also stopped by to spend some time with me. Friday, I had to go back to the hospital to have my labs drawn again...just to be sure my neutrophil count was high enough to start chemo on Monday, November 4. Immediately after I left the hospital, I grabbed my things and made the drive to GHOE.

This was by far the best weekend I've had in a long time. I saw some of my friends and best of all some of my supporters. So many people who follow my story came up to me just to hug me and let me know they were praying for me. It's nice to know you have people in your corner. People I don't even know. It's truly a blessing, I can't even describe the feeling. I was so eager to indulge in the activities so I got dressed, put some lipstick on and made my way to a party or two :-) It was great to dance and have a couple drinks (literally a couple) and just forget about everything. For one weekend I forgot about cancer, chemo, doctor's appointments and anything negative in my life and it was AWESOME!! I wanted so badly to see all my friends and make every party, however my body wouldn't allow me. So, I quickly was reminded "listen to your body Crystal." and in the midst of all the partying, I took a nap whenever needed. Saturday night I even went to bed at 7 :-( I may not have been able to hang like I wanted but I'm more than happy I went. I want to thank everyone who encouraged me to have a great time. Going to GHOE was probably the best thing I did in a while.










No comments:

Post a Comment